At long last, the reveal of my mini-quilt for my grandmother's birthday! I used the Piece by Number pattern at the size it was intended (1" square blocks) but made some modifications. I added an extra row of four posies at the bottom, plus I added an extra row of posies and background color on each side, so I wouldn't have any half-finished flowers. The final quilt is 10" square and contains 182 pieces. Phew!
I hand-quilted each of the flowers from the center out with two lines in each petal, then I stitched on a button in the center. Yes, it took a long time--about 8 hours--but my Gramma Mary is very special to me (and a quilter!), so she totally deserved it. I machine-quilted my swap version of this quilt plus the twin quilt for me in about an hour and a half total, so I definitely could have sped this up if I'd wanted to.
Here's a detail of one of my favorite fabrics. This quilt was made using 1930s repros, mostly castoffs from my Dear Jane quilt (and mostly because the fabrics were too white to contrast with my white solids) and a lovely 1930s green Kona cotton. There is love in every stitch.