Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is there such a thing as FA (Fabriholics Anonymous)?

Hi, I'm Karissa and I'm addicted to fabric. I just can't help myself. I see all of these lovely quilting cottons and I can't NOT get them. The stack above arrived on Thursday and contains so many little bits of wonderful (well, okay, half-yards of wonderful) and is so delicious that I just can't stop looking at it, photographing it, touching it... Though of course, I have very few plans to use it, which amounts to about 7(!) yards. Here are some highlights: 

Have you seen the Dear Jane repros that Brenda Papadakis is doing? Even though I haven't made any progress on my Dear Jane since the summer, and even though I'm doing mine in 1930s repros instead of Civil War-era ones, I still couldn't resist that sweet little floral on the right and the panel on the left. Not sure what to do with the floral, but I'm thinking that the panel needs to be hand-quilted and either turned into a tote and/or some wall hangings (possibly left in the hoops?) for the sewing room.  

This print is probably my favorite of the bunch. It's from a line called Twiggy by Moda. I love it. I got two other prints from this line, but I think I love this one the most. You can see pictures of the rest of my haul (including some Alexander Henry and some Valori Wells) in my Flickr album

So, I think I might need an intervention. But it better wait until next week, because I have some of this and more of this coming in the mail this week. Oh, and that craft book intervention? That might have to wait, too, because this and this (squee!) are on their way from Amazon. Being bad feels oh so good. 

No comments: