Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spring Ruffle Top

spring ruffle top
Well, I'm back from a week in Wisconsin and still trying to download all my pictures and process everything that happened. In all, it was a really good trip and one that I am so thankful I was able to take, though I must say I am also very thankful to be home with the husband and the kitty, too. Just before I left I spent a long morning making my own Made by Rae Spring Ruffle Top. Unfortunately, it was too cold and rainy for me to wear on my trip, though I made sure to pack it. 

spring ruffle top 2
I bought one yard of the green focus fabric and 1/2 yard of the blue accent from my LQS specifically for this project and used most of it. I think the top turned out pretty well, though my mom says it looks like an apron. I'm happy to finally have some 30s fabrics to wear! Pretty much all of the 30s repros in my stash are relegated to my (very neglected) Dear Jane. 

So, this is my 150th blog post! Craziness. I did have a very crafty May, so that was a big contributor. So far, June has not been as productive, but I think I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. I want to do a give-away, but I'm not sure what to give away! Anyone have any suggestions? 

2 comments:

DangAndBlast! said...

Heh -- I just made that yesterday (haven't attached straps yet), and it looks like a maternity top on me; looks great on you! Maybe I needed to use different fabric... or just need to be as svelte as you are... yours is very nice :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back! And that you had a great time :) Love that shirt. Love those fabrics. Love tops with pockets!!