Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dear Jane

DJ B5
After a very long hiatus, I finally have a new Dear Jane block to post! This is block B5. I think most of the blocks I've already prepared but have set aside contain appliqué. It's still a little scary to me. My points aren't very pointy, and looking at this pic now I see that the bottom right diamond is not angled correctly. Oh well! I'm okay with imperfection. I certainly did miss doing the handwork on these. I need to work harder to keep up with this. Right now I've got 12 blocks done in a little over a year. At this rate, it'll take me over 14 years to finish the middle, and that doesn't even include triangles! I guess I need to step up my game. 

Anyone have any tips for perfecting hand-appliqué? I've been using the freezer-paper-template + starch method to prepare my pieces, but I just can't seem to get my points to be super pointy and not unravel. I know the Kona solid white isn't the tightest weave, but maybe there are some technique pointers I should take, too? Anyone? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that quilt is going to be so beautiful!