Monday, August 10, 2009

Dress refashion

circles dress 2
Sorry for the delayed post on this, and for this being my first August post! Eeep! You know what? Actually, I'm just going to stop apologizing for this stuff. Because life is life, right? And sometimes it all happens at once. 

circles dress 1
Anyway, this is a dress refashion, though I didn't do much to it. I bought this dress at Marshall's over a year ago for $19.95 but never wore it. Why? It was strapless. I don't do strapless. When I bought the dress I was planning on adding straps, but I finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago. I was able to machine-stitch on some grosgrain ribbon straps in the front AND back, which made the entire project go even faster. I also added the ribbon belt (it's a lovely double-faced satin) because I thought the dress needed it. I only wore this dress once so far, when we went to see the local theater do Footloose, the musical, but I loved every minute of it and felt oh-so-pretty. 

So, I'm back, and with a post in the works showcasing the dress Rob calls my best dress ever. Will you agree? Stay tuned... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh- love, love, love...that print is rad! and the straps fit in perfectly. I can't wait to see your next dress!