Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fishy skirt

fish skirt 3

Here's another go at the skirt pattern I drafted over the summer. This skirt is almost exactly the same as the original (which is one of my favorite skirts to wear!); I used a pants clasp closure instead of a button on the waistband, but that's the only difference. I want to (again) plug Cal Patch's book, which is awesome and you should definitely own if you're interested in pattern drafting, or even just in making your own clothes that fit right the first time.

fish skirt fabric detail

I really loved this fishy fabric when I first saw it (in January or February, I think) and bought a few yards to make a full skirt, so this is me finally getting around to it! I still want to do some hand-stitching with a thicker thread around the pockets and maybe the hem; pictures TK, if I actually get to it!

As a side note, I'd like to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving if you're reading this! It'll be all sides and Quorn Turk'y Roast for us this year, as it has been for many previous years. Thanksgiving tastes SO much better when it's cruelty-free!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Inspiring me to return to this book! I love love it, but I drafted the a-line skirt pattern (so fun to do) but the pattern still needs perfecting and I've drifted on -- thanks to your darling skirt for the motivation :)