Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Done!

It's done! I finished all of the hand-stitched binding on Tuesday night, and I had to put it on the bed immediately and take some pictures. I did them without flash after 10pm, so pardon the graininess. I hope to get some better shots this weekend in the sunlight. As soon as I had it on the bed Bellow had to sit right in the middle of things. But he looks so cute against those colors, right?

Here's the best I could do to show the full quilt. It's five blocks wide by five blocks long with a top and bottom border to make it rectangular instead of square. The first and fifth rows hang over the sides of our full-sized mattress. I used solid Kona cottons plus some woven madras plaids for the entire thing. It still hasn't been washed yet, and I wonder if that will change some of the contrast in the Kona gray? It seems to be a little directional, as you can see in the photo above. 


Here's a closeup of one of the squares. I adore this camera, even in the dark after 10pm with no flash. 

Iris soon discovered that she wanted to be on the bed, too, and they immediately started tussling. I just love this funny cat-ball picture! They are too silly sometimes. 

Aaaand last but not least, here's the view from the bed (colors are definitely off in this photo, though). Yep, I hung it up. Now there are three quilts in that room, plus our Yellow Brick Road quilts that we keep dragging to bed as well--just like little kids. Is there such a thing as too quilty? 

No comments: