Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Round-up

It was a good and busy weekend. Friday night turned into dinner + beers + bar hopping with some girl friends, so that was fun. It was a spontaneous girly night out; I haven't had one of those in a long time. At the third bar, an Irish place the next town over, my friends walked in fine but I was stopped by the bouncer for ID. Ugh! I always get carded. When the bouncer gave me back my license, he said, in a thick Irish accent, "You look like a young Keira Knightley--very sexy." ??? Never mind that she's FOUR years younger than me, but, really?? She's like an entire foot taller than me and at least twenty pounds thinner. Maybe he'd had more beers than I'd had at that point. 

Despite it being a semi-late night on Friday, I was up early on Saturday morning. I was able to sneak in a couple of hours of TV before the draft. Rob and I went for lunch at a local diner around noon, and when I got back I started cranking on my project for him. In the afternoon I went to see Baby Mama with two of my girl friends, so that was fun. It wasn't a good movie, but it was nice to be with the girls and to chow down on buttered popcorn. Yum. Following the movie, I went back to the crafting and finished up the project for Rob. Go me. We weren't able to watch anything but Law & Order on Saturday night, then called it an early one. 

I was up and working again on Sunday morning. I did a lot of the preliminary cutting for my personal secret project. Then, after a conversation with my mom wherein I found out she'd TOLD on me (that I hadn't made any progress on the family project), so I really got going on that. I'm mostly finished at this point! Go me. Again. 

So, here's my list from Friday with accomplishments in gray; let's see how I managed to do: 
  • something for husband's birthday coming up
  • some super-secret Lady Scout trial runs
  • finalizing my new dress pattern and possibly even sewing the first dress
  • big secret family project that must be finished less than a month from now
  • and my new personal project, which I will refrain from mentioning until I really get started on it. Trust me, it's BIG and the entire process will be fully documented here. 
Not too shabby! Two down and one started. I got a lot further on the family project than I was expecting to, so that's part of why I didn't get at those other things. Sorry that I can't post pictures of that stuff yet (though photo above is a sneak peek of the family project), but it must remain a surprise! Big reveals to come. This week is already shaping up to be a busy one at work, plus I have a work event on Thursday night, but I do hope to get working on the personal project and on the Lady Scout stuff yet this week. We shall see... 

No comments: