Wednesday, April 16, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday...

No, not MY birthday. I still haven't gotten my "stuff" together for that entry. What can I say? Work has been crazy these last two weeks. Not necessarily BAD crazy, just a little nuts and really really busy. Swamped. But, I'm pretty awesome and I'm doing a good job getting it all taken care of.

Anyway, this post is about my friend/coworker Daniel's birthday, which is today! And for which I made him the bear shown above. It's from this book, which Daniel and Jenn gave to me for MY birthday last week! Cute. The jersey rib knit was tricky to sew, but I have ideas for my next project that will make it easier to manage.


I chose to chain-stitch some words and applique some felt, just for kicks. To give the bear a tough cuteness, I guess. Daniel said he liked it, so I guess I have to take his word for it! I just love all these Cute Book guys and books and patterns. They're so, well, cute!

Nothing much else to say right now. I'm happy it's nearly Thursday, which is also my mom's birthday! Lots of April birthdays. I'm tired. I don't feel I'm being coherent right now, so I'm signing off.

No comments: