Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Belated Crafting Update

Apologies for the absence from the blog. It's been a busy couple of weeks around here, and minimal crafting, until last weekend. So I have a bunch of updates to post, and pictures of recent projects, but it might take me a while to get to them. You know, what with me working long days toward summer Fridays, having no internet at home due to a power issue with Rob's laptop, becoming immersed in Deadwood.... I have a lot going on. 

But I digress... The picture above is a closeup of my bag for Jeff's wedding, which I mentioned in this post. It's the Patricia bag from the book Making Vintage Bags. I used an upholstery remnant I had on hand, and it whipped up pretty quickly. 

That lining is a cute polka dot cotton I had on hand as well. The bag ended up being perfect for what I needed it for, AND was matchy matchy. Nice. 

Here's the felt business card holder I whipped up to hold my cash and ID and fit nicely in the handbag above. This is from the Let's Make Cute Stuff!: Cute Stuff book I've mentioned numerous times already. It's a great, easy pattern, and was perfect for this. I spent way more time making all those tiny French knots along the bottom than cutting or stitching the actual envelope. 

So, I'm back, baby! And I hope to have more updates soon! 

No comments: