Friday, August 8, 2008

Five years...

Okay, this is definitely NOT going to be a crafty post...

It's pretty amazing how much can happen in five years. Five years ago tomorrow Rob and I were married, in a church, in Wisconsin. Since then, we've moved to Boston and then to Salem, adopted two lovely kitties, gotten our master's degrees, jump-started our careers, made some new friends, traveled the East Coast, visited old friends back home... We've also endured some difficult times and some hard losses and health scares, but we've done it all together.

When we got married we were young and fresh out of college. People on the East Coast don't marry nearly so early as those in the midwest, it seems, and though our friends back home were all married or engaged, our friends in Boston were mostly unattached. People remarked, often, on how young we looked, too young to be married. I used to scoff. But now when I look back at those pictures, I do think yikes! We sure did look young.

But we've never looked back.

So on the eve of our fifth wedding anniversary, I'd like to publicly state that though I don't have the traditional gift of wood or the modern gift of silverware for you, Rob, I do have more love for you than I ever could have imagined. It's gotten us this far, and I truly believe we have a long way yet to go.

Happy anniversary, Bert. I love you.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Wow, 5 years, that's a great milestone. You look amazing in your wedding dress! Beautiful!!! What a cute couple! We will also celebrate 5 years in another 2 months or so. I'm sure it will be a quiet celebration since we'll have a 3 week old baby on our hands to keep it interesting. Anyhow, huge congrats to you, and so glad to hear you are still so happy together.