Thursday, October 16, 2008

October Swap Til You Drop update

I was lucky to come back from my trip to Maine to find that I was the recipient of my Flickr swap group's special treat package! This is something that arrives without warning to one person in the swap every month and comes from the organizer (who is super sweet and amazingly organized!!!). What a treat! I got some nice fall fat quarters, some matching embroidery floss, and some Halloween treats. It's like Christmas in October!

I've also been working on my October post to send. The theme is fall. Here's some detail of my embroidered label. My embroidery still looks like it was done by an elementary schooler... I left the raw edges this time (instead of folding them over and then zigzagging) and don't like the result as much. Next time I will be sure to not embroider so close to the edge so I can fold those edges under.

And speaking of my swap quilt, here is a little sneak peek close-up. This is the first time I'm combining machine- and hand-quilting. I think the results are pretty sweet!

No comments: