Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall mini-quilt received + link love

Yesterday I arrived home to find a package waiting for me! It's my fall mini-quilt from October's Swap Til You Drop Flickr group swap! It was made by Lish/Sewwunderful, and it's called "The Colors of Autumn." Very appropriate title! 

The more I look at it, the more I love it! The colors in the quilt are fabulous. Each fabric reminds me of something different. 

And adding to the wonderfulness are these two bits of 1930s repro fabrics! Love! These would both work wonderfully in my Dear Jane quilt. I haven't made any progress on that for a while but these new fabrics really have me itching to get back at it. 

In my last week of internetting, I've found some really cool links that I wanted to share, in case you haven't seen them: 
  • Ric-Rac's Big Selvedge Project. Wow. When I first saw this, my jaw dropped. Amazing. I am adding her to my crafty links! 
  • True Up. Another new crafty link. Fabric geekery. Love! 
  • Handmade Nation. Yet another new crafty link. I bought the book while we were in Portland and I haven't read it yet, but am so excited about it. Even more excited about the documentary! 2009 can't get here fast enough. 
  • Indie Fixx Shop. There is some great stuff here, and lots of gift ideas. Hint, hint!

No comments: