Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Christmas crafting progress

Here is the other crafty post I promised for this week. Over the weekend I was cleaning up post-Lady Scouts (yes, all of the craft supplies sat on the coffee table from Tuesday until Saturday!) when I was compelled to just sit down and play a little more with making some Shrinky Dink pins. People will tell you these are addicting, but then you won't believe them...that is, until you get addicted yourself! Anyway, what resulted from that session Saturday morning was about a dozen of these butterfly pins in a variety of colors. They were all drawn freehand (as opposed to the bees, where I made a pattern and traced it onto the plastic each time) and I really love them. 

Then on Sunday I took a few more steps to finishing some Christmas gifts. These are mini sewing kits in jelly jars with pincushion lids and handmade Shrinky Dink pins. This is also the last you'll see of them before Christmas--I don't want to spoil anything! But I will say that there are a lot of them, and that I hope the recipients like them as much as I like the idea of them. 

So, now that the election results are in (well, for Massachusetts, at least--sorry, Minnesota friends!) and the giddiness is starting to wear off, we can all get back to our normal crafting. Because, you know, I have no fewer than FOUR quilts I'd like to finish this month, including a two-color mini swap quilt (and a twin for me) and some surprise gift quilts as well. I have big plans for crafty progress this weekend; we'll see if I can follow through on them. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Curious -- what is "Lady Scouts"?