Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I've been up to...

Wow, I did *not* intend to be MIA, but I guess it happened anyway. I was sick for a while, and I've been off work since the 24th, so I've been hanging around home being super lazy and not crafting and certainly not blogging. So, in the interest of trying to get back in the swing of things, here's what I've been up to for the last two weeks:

1) Hanging out with these cuties. Bellow has been what I call a kitty muffin by laying in that basket, pretty much every evening while we're watching TV (which, lately, has been The Wire on DVD). I have been harassing Iris's naps by bringing out the camera. She is my beautiful little girl.

2) Drinking bloody marys like they're going out of style. Like, right now (which might explain why I'm posting!)

3) Going to the aquarium! Rob's best man from our wedding was in town with his lovely wife for a short time, so we took them to the aquarium and then to lunch at the first restaurant in America before they had to head out. It was a really nice time with some really wonderful people, and it made us miss our friends from Wisconsin quite a bit.

4) Shoveling! We got a good 8"+ today. Rob and I were out twice today and will need to do another big shovel tomorrow. We have the entire driveway to do, plus the sidewalk, and our house is on a corner lot, so we have to do double. Not too fun, but nice when we don't have to get up for work and can just come in and dry off with some hot chocolate.

5) Not crafting much. Not really by choice (I'm finally getting over my cold, which hung on for a good two weeks). Today I finally hit some productivity: I finished up a Lady Scouts project from a few weeks ago and I hit the mending pile. I hemmed 4+ pairs of pants and attached some buttons for Rob. It was a long time coming, but now that is done. I also started a new quilt on Sunday, but haven't gotten past the cutting stage yet. Pictured above are the fabrics for it, all from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party line. LOVE these.

This is post #100! Believe it or not. Sorry for my absence lately, but my laziness is necessary right now. I do promise a lot more posts in the near future, detailing the super secret gift to my folks along with some of the great stuff I received (and, oh, it is great!) Happy pre-New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad to hear you're getting better. Holidays can be hectic, glad you've been able to enjoy and relax. Good for you for tackling the mending pile (my least favorite task). We've been shoveling here in NH too. Stay warm and have a great new year. A~