Sunday, January 25, 2009

January STUD quilt received

Yesterday I got my January S.T.U.D mini-quilt from Eileen Sideways! She and I actually know each other in "real" life, so we decided to do an exchange at our local quilt shop instead of mailing our quilties. Unfortunately, we weren't able to meet up, but I did get my quilt from her and left mine at the shop for her to pick up.

The theme this month was "Read it, Sing it, Watch it." My quiltie is a little karaoke juke box, so it kind of encompasses all three! The lyrics on the "screen" are "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins, of course! So sweet.

I love the color combo of brown and turquoise/blue. It's so simple, yet so sophisticated. And how about all those polka dots, eh?

Polka dots on the back, too!

I'll post pics of my finished quiltie for her once I know it's been received.

No comments: