Monday, May 18, 2009

Even more fabric

vintage Dresden plates
Oh yes, even more... These two vintage Dresden plates came from my local quilt shop, where they were $1 each. They are so lovely I just couldn't pass them up! I'm not sure what I'll be doing with them. Maybe appliquéing them to a mini-quilt? Or putting them in embroidery hoops and hanging them on the wall? Whatever I decide, it sure is nice having them around, on top of the many many piles of things on my sewing desk. 

Connecting Threads books and fabrics
In April, just post-birthday, I had a little speaking gig at the school where I got my Master's. It wasn't much, but I did get paid for it (!!) and I used the money to place a big order at Connecting Threads. The books were on sale, and I went a little crazy snapping up fat quarters and half yards of fabrics from their Mama's Cottons 2 line. As you can tell, I'm still obsessed with the 1930's repro fabrics and have been amassing them at a rate that completely eclipses my sad, slow progress on my Dear Jane quilt (which I haven't even touched in nearly a year!). 

Connecting Threads fabrics highlights
Here are some highlights from that big pile. I am totally in love with those sweet mint and lavender prints! Now to come up with a project that will actually use them (besides my Dear Jane, of course...) 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I just received my Connecting Threads catalog in the mail, and I am seriously thinking about ordering some of Mama's Cottons. I found some "real" Dick and Jane fabric this weekend, and was thrilled at the find. So now I need something to go with it ;-)

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/