Monday, September 14, 2009

Finished: Scrappy Friendship Quilt

SFQ done 1
My Scrappy Friendship Quilt is completely finished! I think I put the last stitch in the binding on 9/4. Since then, the quilt has been washed, dried, and is quickly becoming much-loved. 

SFQ quilting detail 1
I like how the free-motion curlicues blend in to a lot of the dark fabrics. The quilting is definitely there, but it doesn't pull away from everything else that's going on in the quilt (and there is a lot). It's kind of like an "I spy" quilt in a way--just seeing that little bit of fabric reminds me of the project(s) I used it in. 

SFQ front and back
Everything came from my stash except for the backing, which is this fabulous Heather Bailey print. 

SFQ scrappy binding
Even the binding on this quilt is scrappy! I always save whatever is left over after a quilt, so that's where this binding came from. I was surprised I had so much! This 84" square quilt didn't make as big of a dent in my binding stash as I thought... 

2 comments:

sarah said...

That is so beautiful. Nice work!

Lauren The Artist said...

Lovely quilt. And great work using up a ton of your scraps.