Thursday, October 22, 2009

STUD October sent

STUD sent Oct 2009

I heard from my partner Ryan today that the STUD "anything goes" mini-quilt I sent him has been received, so here it is! I used a new (to me) quilt-as-you-go technique from Patchwork Style to piece this one and the twin for me directly to the batting. Then I backed it, and did a squared spiral stitch-in-the-ditch to hold it all together.

STUD Oct twin

Both of these quilts were made entirely from scraps in my stash! That definitely felt good, though I don't think I even made a dent. These came together really easily and quickly. I cut the pieces a lot smaller for Ryan's quilt (I made mine first as a test-drive) so that it would take longer and be more complicated. I have plans to use this technique again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the combo of fabrics in that first pic. So cool!