Friday, January 8, 2010

STUD December sent

Dec STUD mini sent
It has been a rough week back to work. BLAH. And there was some kind of post office snafu so that my partner only just received the package I sent her three weeks ago! But I'm glad it made it, and now I can show you my last swap quilt for STUD.

Dec STUD mini detail
The theme this month was "quilts go green" and we were all challenged to use non-traditional quilting materials to make our quilt and to not purchase anything. Lucky for my I had the perfect set-up. All materials in the quilt are from my friend JJ, who has been shedding pounds like crazy and graciously donating to me her too-big clothes. (You may remember her from the hippo post here.) I used pants, some skirts, a dress, and a tablecloth to make this wonky star quilt. I bound it in some flannel I had on hand from some Christmas gifts (to be posted soon-ish, I hope).

Dec STUD minis 1
I made my usual "twin" quilt for me, of course, and I made an additional one as a thank-you gift for JJ. And with that I complete my final swap for the group. I really enjoyed swapping mini-quilts for 16 months with this wonderful group, but it's time for me to move on and commit to my Dear Jane quilt and other projects that have been languishing.

No comments: