Saturday, January 9, 2010

True Up's Favorite Fabrics 2009 meme




I'm finally getting around to my participation in True Up's 2009 fabric meme. It has been a rough week...

- Favorite Quilting Weight Cotton Collection:
Erin McMorris' Wildwood for Free Spirit. I have a bunch of 1-yd cuts of this that I'm just kind of sitting on for the moment.

- Favorite Home Decor Weight Fabric or Collection:
Jessica Jones' Amusement Park for Braemore Fabrics.

- Biggest Fabric World Story/News:
Mark Lipinski leaving Quilter's Home. This one shook me to the core (no, really, I'm totally serious).

- Favorite Overall Designer:
Anna Maria Horner! I love her blog, her patterns, her book, and all of her fabric!

Laura Gunn fabrics

- Favorite New Designer:
Laura Gunn! I LOVE her Lantern Bloom line (uh, I might have been a little obsessed with it).

- Favorite Novelty Print:
S.E.I. Chick-a-dee chick-a-doo for Robert Kaufmann. Those birds are just too cute!


Connecting Threads fabrics highlights

- Favorite Reproduction Print or Collection:
Connecting Threads' Mama's Cottons 2. Love the colors, love the prints, love it all!

- Favorite Solid/Nonprinted
Kona Cotton, of course! I loved them before, but with 42 new colors?? Awesome.

- Favorite Fabric Shop:
My LQS, MarketPlace Quilts! I shop a lot online, too, and love Fabricworm and, though I'm late to the party on this one, Pink Chalk Fabrics. I think it really is "teh awesome".

- Favorite New Fabric You Worked With in 2009:
Probably Laura Gunn's Lantern Bloom. This quilt is one of my favorites, and it was a pleasure making it.

- (Bonus, number 11) Favorite New Idea in the Fabric World:
A fabric co-op, like Fabfanatic Fabrics. Because "more stash for your cash" is never a bad thing!

5 comments:

TaraLee said...

Hey thanks for sharing, some of those fabrics I had not seen before, and they are very cool. Thanks for other interesting links too.

eileensideways said...

did u know crazymomquilts will no longer be updating her blog. see her message here: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

she is one of my favs.

Tina in Boston said...

Wow! That Lantern Bloom quilt is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Shannon said...

I love your choices. Wildwood is definitely one of my favorites, too! :)

Weaveron Textile said...

i love this fabric.....click on https://www.weaveron.com