Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Folklore Bag (again)

Volumes Folklore bag 3
I'm back, after an unexpected bloggy break! Summer is just flying by, and we've been out and about a lot, spending time with friends and just enjoying time away from the computer. And I've been toting this new bag! It's my second attempt at the Folklore Bag pattern from One-Yard Wonders. I wasn't planning on making another bag so soon, but then this happened to my corduroy, right where my phone rubs against my body, so I fussy-cut some of this amazing volumes print by Anna Maria Horner for my new bag. I am in love with it!

Volumes Folklore bag lining
This time around, I left out all of the interfacing. I probably could've used some in the handles, which are still pretty floppy, but the outer fabric is home decor weight (though still super soft and nice--love Ms. Horner's fabrics!!) and the bag is holding up well--a little slouchy, but that's okay with me! The lining is a print I'd had around forever, so I was really happy to use some of that up, too. Gotta make room for more, new fabric, right?

How in the world is it August already?!?

1 comment:

Claire said...

LOVE IT! Love the book, Love the bag, Love the fabric!

I have the same fabric, which makes me want to sew my own bag.

Great Job!