Thursday, July 15, 2010

More baby gifts!

Ivory gifts
It seems as though everyone we know is either pregnant or has a newborn right now! (And for the record, we are definitely NOT on the baby train, nor are we planning to jump on it. Ever. Iris is enough for us. Still, I am happy to craft for my friends who are new parents!) These gifts are for Ivory, a little girl (though we didn't know the sex at the time I crafted these) born to Rob's (our?) best man and his lovely wife.

Ivory elephant 1
This is starting to become my go-to baby gift. That's okay, right? The elephant is from the Indygo Junction pattern I've already used a few times. This time, I added a little ribbon bow. I also blanket-stitched a felt eye on; buttons on baby things still freak me out, although I did use them on the booties (but I stitched each one 20+ times with heavy quilting thread!)

Ivory booties
The booties are from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings. I am still hand-stitching the insole to the lining of the booties; there just doesn't seem to be a way around that, regardless of how carefully I fuse the insole to the inside of the sole.

Congrats to Joe and Melanie on their baby girl!

No comments: