Friday, March 28, 2008

Ho Hum

I'm feeling very "ho hum" today. It's Friday of a week that was both LONG in that it was jam-packed with meetings and running around and putting out fires (so to speak) and SHORT in that time just flew by. Until today, of course. Today it is quiet in the office, even though nearly my entire department is here. Today it is cold. Today it is raining, and it is dark. It took all the energy I could muster for me to pry myself out of that quilty bed full of warmth and sleeping husband and kitty cats at 7AM. BUT, I did it. I am here, and in an hour and a half, I will be back out, on my way home to awake husband and kitty cats and television and lap quilts. 

At this point, weekend plans are fairly non-existent. I must get up tomorrow morning because the landlord is coming. Still, 8AM is sleeping in, so I should be fine. Other than that, I'm looking forward to finishing up the project I've posted pictures of above and below. It's the first of the crafty objects made from those Kona cottons I mentioned previously. Kinda looks like paint strips in this form, huh? It's mostly assembled at this point, but I won't be posting any pictures of it until (hint, hint) after mid-April. 

Have a good weekend, all two of you readers! Oh, and a belated happy 2nd birthday to our little Iris, who had a very nice day yesterday, complete with a new feathers-on-a-stick toy that she promptly started chewing the feathers off of. Ahh, how fast they grow... 

No comments: