Monday, May 19, 2008

The Small Things...

It's the small things that pleased me this past weekend. The weekend before I had knocked out a needle book based on the pattern in Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts, but it needed a little more cute, you know? So on Saturday I made this little embroidery on muslin and used some Heat-n-Bond to attach it to the front of the book.

Pretty cute, eh?

I also made this little stitching tin, above. I just covered an empty Altoids tin with fabric and then filled it with all of my hand-stitching supplies for portability. The felt flowers on the top are made to mimic the flowers on the lining fabric, which is one of my favorite fabrics ever and is pretty much gone.

Also, very cute, right? It holds my thimbles, thread cutter, needle threader, Thread Heaven, and the tiniest little pincushion, made in a thimble. See it in the lower right?

It was the little things like this that made me happy last weekend. :) Plus Indian food, movies with my husband, yummy diner breakfast, and some time in the park in the sunshine.

Coming up:
  • Belated Lady Scouts pictures (very few)
  • Another weekend craft: fabric basket
  • Crafty book shelf pics and reviews
  • And hopefully some more Dear Jane progress.
Stay tuned!

No comments: