Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blooming Nine-Patch progress

First, my apologies for the dark photos. These were taken late last Saturday night. This is the progress of my Blooming Nine-Patch quilt, the one I said I'd make for myself, the one I said I'd whip up over my 12 days off work. That didn't happen. I did make some decent progress, though. 

The book calls for making all the blocks, then laying them out and sewing them into rows. After making what felt like a million nine-patches, I had piles all over the place and I was worried I get confused about the orders of things before or while assembling the rows, so I decided to cheat by putting the rows together as I went. 

That seemed to work really well for me, plus it let me see my progress and how the fabrics were all blending together. Awesome. All of the fabrics are from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party line for Free Spirit. I love these! 

I have yet to make the nine-patches (starting from the strips, so it will take a while) for the outer three rows, then cut the squares and sew them all together, adding in the triangles along the border. I'm making progress, but still have a long way to go. 

1 comment:

On the verge said...

amazing! those fabrics are gorgeous