Friday, January 9, 2009

Lady Scouts sock creature

In the middle of a snowstorm, we had our last Lady Scouts meeting of the year on 12/21. A new Scout, Hilary, led the craft, which was making these little sock creatures. Of course, I was sick that day. I didn't finish in our time allotted (these babies are hand-sewn) and when I got home I just threw the pieces, needle, and thread in a drawer and forgot about it. Finally, on New Year's Eve, I felt good enough to finish this little dude. My last completed craft of the year. 

Kinda silly, with that big smile. Pretty cute, though, too. And I had to add that argyle ribbon. Artfully mis-matched, I say. 

We had quite the photo session, this sock creature and me. Here's one I like of the two of us together. 

And you couldn't see in the other picture, but I was wearing my new wooden necklace that day. Here's how it looks on. Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. 

1 comment:

Journeying Five said...

he is oh so very cute! could i get a pattern or a link?