Thursday, March 5, 2009

New books

New books

As I kind of mentioned way back here, I got some (more) new crafty books a couple of weeks ago. I'd been itching to get both of them, so when I found out they were available, I had to order them. Thankfully it was right before Valentine's Day, which is a week before our dating anniversary (8 years!), so I added some books for Rob and successfully took care of Valentanniversary presents for both of us! 

I've had these for a couple of weeks now and I keep picking them up and paging through them. I certainly have too many crafty books, but they serve as inspiration for me, even if I don't make any of the projects out of them. 

Weekend Sewing summer blouse
A lot of bloggers have already raved about the Heather Ross book, so I won't add to that. I don't have a lot of plans for her projects, but I did just get a yard and a half more of this lovely Anna Maria Horner print to make the Summer Blouse, which looks so cute and comfy... Though I have some modifications in mind. 

Out the Window whimsy
I am a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone blogging about Material Obsession (yet). I've wanted this book ever since I saw the cover, which is excellent. At first I wasn't sure what to think about the book, but after paging through it again and again, I'm really drawn to the projects, even though (again) I don't have definite plans to make any of them. The little bit of whimsy posted above is inspiring my March STUD quilt, though. And I may have to make that birdie quilt, because it's adorable. 

No comments: