Monday, April 13, 2009

My weekend of half-square triangles

half-square triangles 2
Not this past weekend, but the weekend before. (I sure am behind on updating the blog--sorry!) My LQS offered a day-long workshop to do a "stash-buster" quilt. It's really easy: 256 6" blocks, combined in pairs of lights and darks, turned into half-square triangles, and then arranged in a pattern of your choosing (I'm thinking barn-raising, because instead of lights and darks I have a lot of mediums). The quilt is one step beyond the photo above: It's been pressed and the dog-ears are trimmed off. Next is layout, and then sewing it all together... 

April STUD cut
Here's a little sneak peek at my April S.T.U.D. mini-quilt swap. The theme is "spring flowers," but I decided I was a little flower-ed out after this mini and this one, so I signed up for the "anything goes" category instead. This project is much further than in the photo--yesterday I finished piecing the top for the swap and my "twin," and finished embroidering the labels. All that's left is quilting and binding... 

Back later this week with a birthday wrap-up and maybe some more peeks at the April mini. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just looking at all the work you've done makes me tired! can't wait to see the final product:)

nanatee said...

Isn't it fun to use up your stash...I am trying to make 3 quilts from stash, for every new project I buy