Sunday, May 31, 2009

Linen dress

linen dress 2
Here's a dress I made based on my version of the Weekend Sewing Summer Blouse. For this dress I kept my alterations to the blouse and added length to make it a dress. I bought this fabric a long time ago and I don't remember what it was, only that it was called "linen-like." It behaves like linen but isn't, which is a little odd, but still pretty comfortable.

linen dress sleeve
I used a contrasting linen for the sleeves and the placket, which I put on the outside of the dress instead. Instead of using my blind hem stitch I stitched two lines at the bottom hem, just for some visual interest. I've been on a garment-sewing bender lately, so more soon!

1 comment:

bettyp said...

Really cute!!!
If I was as small and cute like you I would sew more for myself !!LOL!!

You know if you were to buy that same dress in a store you would have paid 40 to 60 dollars !!
So keep on sewing gil and save youself some big bucks .
bp