Thursday, September 3, 2009

Some progress

YBR labels in progress
Happy September! I was just looking over my posts and realized that I only posted 6 entries in August, compared to 8-10 every other month of the year. Sheesh. I'm not really sure what happened there. There was some traveling, and me being sick (I still am coughing a bit--I wish this bronchitis would just let go!), but I'm not sure why I don't have more to show. Maybe it's just that I've been plugging away at things, like the project above. That's my in-progress labels for the Yellow Brick Road quilts my gramma and I pieced back in June. Yes, June. I have just finished the labels, so need to attach them, piece the backing, sandwich the quilts, quilt, and bind. Between those two and the scrappy quilt I'm still hand-stitching (3 sides down! 1 to go!) I hope to have 3 quilts completed this month! 

hippo sneak peek
I finished my replacement apron a few weeks ago, but have yet to photograph it. One thing I have finished but can't show you is a special little project, pictured above. A friend of mine has a birthday coming up. She has also lost over 40 pounds recently! So, she asked me to make her a softie out of her favorite chinos: a hippo. Full reveal to come in a couple of weeks, after she's seen the little guy. I must say, though, that I have fallen in love with him! And I am back on a little train of softie-making, so expect to see more soon. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the hippo! What kind of thread are you using in that first picture?

Karissa said...

Thanks, Molls! You will seriously FREAK when you see the hippo. It is *squee*-inducing!

The thread I'm using to embroider with is actually 3 strands of DMC embroidery floss (which comes as 6 strands twisted, so I cut the length and then unravel it to get just 3).