Friday, October 30, 2009

Dear Jane

DJ C9
Life...it seems to always get in the way of crafting and blogging! It's been a horrible week for me (a horrible few months actually--thanks, Saturn, can't wait to see what the next year and a half brings) with the kicker being a dead car on Wednesday (can't afford another). But things are starting to look up, even if just in small ways. Here's a block I finished on 10/9, the day before I saw the actual quilt in person. I followed the photo of Jane's block and pieced the square from four triangles before appliquéing on the teardrop shapes. I also cut out the fabric behind the teardrops when I finished--I usually leave the background in my appliqués, but this was showing through and I wanted to get rid of it. I was very careful about it, but I could certainly use a small pair of appliqué scissors for Christmas (Mom? Are you reading?)

Hope everyone has a happy Halloween! I know it'll be an insane weekend in Witch City, where I live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric! Also love how you use your blog for a subtle Christmas gift hint. I think I'm going to have to give that a try.