Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gifted: Hunter's Star Christmas quilts

Hunter's star Xmas quilts 8

I made two of these Hunter's Star quilts, one for my mom and one for my grandmother. I used white for all the star points to kind of give the effect of snowflakes. I still think that it's a little fussy to piece these, but I do like how they look. It's one of those designs that just comes across as impressive.

Hunter's star Xmas quilts 5

For the quilting, I tried some metallic silver thread. I didn't have any issues with it, just one break (and I didn't use it in the bobbin). I gave these to my mom and grandmother to open early, since they are able to be used now but not so much next week. The finished size of each quilt is around 32" square. I added hanging tabs to the backs, but thought they could also be used as table-toppers.


Hunter's star Xmas quilts 1

More pictures on my Flickr page, of course. I hope all 2 of you readers are having a very Merry Christmas! We will be opening our presents tonight, after we make some very fancy pizzas (squash, sage, and goat cheese for one).

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com