Wednesday, January 13, 2010

STUD December received

STUD Dec rec'd front
My partner was a little behind (don't the holidays do that to everyone??) so my December mini-quilt for the STUD "quilts go green" theme was a bit delayed in getting to me, but it arrived on Monday! My partner, Cathie, used a shirt sleeve, pillowcase, and napkin to make the quiltie--all thrifted! What's really interesting is that I sent her something very similar. Two wonky star minis! I guess great minds think alike.

STUD Dec rec'd back
I love that she used the shirt cuff as the label on the back. What a great idea! And that shirt fabric is so soft--you can tell it was washed many many times before it even showed up at the thrift shop. Now that I've received this mini, I've completed 16 months straight of swapping with this group. Wow! I'm a little sad to be taking a break, but also a little relieved. That was a lot of crafting on a deadline, you know?

I have much more planned for the upcoming year, plus still have a number of Christmas posts to get up. Yikes!

No comments: