Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gifted: Birthday

Sadie bday gifts
How is it November already?! I feel like I'm so behind in blogging my fall crafting, and now it's time to start kicking things in gear for Christmas crafting... Oh my! Pictured above is the birthday present I sent to my friend Sadie about a month ago. I wasn't sure what to make for her, but I've been thinking for a while about coming up with my own zippered bag pattern, which is what you see above. I also included a set of my cards, left over from the craft show fail from September.

zippered pouch 1
I think the pouch pattern still needs a little bit of work, but in all I'm pleased with how it came together. I like the look of linen + patchwork, and I also like the durability it offers, too. I also really like covered ends on zippers. It's a little thing, to be sure, but makes quite a bit of difference--and also stretches those 7" standard zippers just a little bit further, which I like. The ribbon on the zipper pull is just the finishing touch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice, Karissa! I love little pouches like this, and it does indeed look really durable while being completely adorable!

CK

Anonymous said...

Really nice, Karissa! I love little pouches like this, and it does indeed look really durable while being completely adorable!

CK