Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sent: September STUD mini-quilt

STUD Sept sent 1

I've just heard from my partner that the mini-quilt I made and sent for STUD's September "anniversary" swap has been received, so here it is! I was inspired by the traditional one-year anniversary gift of paper to try some English paper-pieced hexagons. For the layout, I echoed my first STUD mini-quilt from September 2008, seen here.


STUD Sept sent detail

Here's a detail of my favorite flower. The fabrics in this were Robert Kaufmann repros sent to me in a previous swap and some Connecting Threads Mama's Cottons repros I bought for my birthday. I really liked making these hexagons, even though they did take quite a while. I then did a loose applique to attach the hexagons to the pieced background, then quilted just inside the applique to ensure it was attached. I quilted the background in my loopy, scribbly stipple. I really like a lot of things about this mini, so I'm happy with how it turned out.

No comments: