Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Christmas in July?

STUD July received
It felt like Christmas yesterday when I got home from work to find not one but two squishy packages AND my new Quilter's Home magazine! I tore into them immediately. The first, shown above, is my July S.T.U.D. mini-quilt from JAmundsen. The theme was "summer lovin'," and Jean lives in California and loves going to the beach. 

STUD July mini rec'd
These pictures just don't do this quiltie justice! I can't even imagine how many tiny pieces are in this quilt. It really is spectacular. 

STUD May angel quilt rec'd
I also received this wonderful angel quilt package from Quiltinkimmie, the swap's organizer. As I posted last week, I never received my May swap (for which I sent this quilt). Kimmie was so kind and generous as to send me a replacement quilt and all of these goodies! The quilt is really cute and very well made, but I think it was the sentiment that got to me even more. 

STUD May angel quilt
This group is so wonderful and kind and generous and I've been so happy to be a part of it since last September! I'm still debating whether to sign up for the August theme ("buildings") or anything goes, but once that one is done I'll have completed 12 months! I plan on finishing out the year, but then taking a hiatus. I really want to look back on 2009 as my year of minis and have a full 16 of them by then, but I'm running out of space on the walls and my to-do list just keeps getting longer. 

No comments: